Award Of The Presidential Medal Of Freedom
President of the United States
Members of The Elvis Memorabilia Group Fan Club International
More Info at:
1) Chris Noel was a disk jockey for Armed Forces Radio (Good Morning Vietnam) in Saigon and her show was very popular with the soldiers, it was called, "A Date With Chris". Before she volunteered to go to Vietnam, as a cicilian, she was a movie star and up and coming entertainer. Chris, voluntarily, did four tours of Vietnam. She also saw a lot of nasty stuff on her tour of forward bases. To this day she suffers from PTSD and many veterans consider her a fellow "combat" veteran and hero. PTSD stands for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. When you are exposed to life threatening situations, loss of friends in battle or the ugliness of war it can impact sensitive people. Most often they suffer from nightmares, flashbacks, and other disorders.
2) Twice Chris Noel's helicopter was shot down in Vietnam while traveling to line units to perform singing and entertaining for the troops.
3) Chris Noel was considered so popular and influential for troop morale, in fact, that the Viet Cong placed a $10,000 bounty on her head.
4) Chris Noel is still giving to the Veterans. She runs Vetsville Cease Fire House, a shelter for homeless vets in Florida.
5) Chris still suffers from flashbacks, migraines and stress disorders following her Vietnam mission.
Chris Noel highly deserves this long over due recognition from our Government for her service, support and dedication to the Armed Forces.