AGAINST Bill 132
Ontario Premier - Dalton McGuinty
More Info at:
We, The Undersigned here by join our voices in union, to state that BSL also known as Breed Specific Legislation is not an option.
Hundreds of thousands of people own these types of breeds and have never had a problem, there is a extremely small percentage who have.
One of the specific breeds in question, the American Pit Bull Terrier has been misconstrued by the media repeatedly. Everyday there is a news story that implicates the "pit bull". 90\% of the dogs implicated are NOT "pit bulls".
We need legislation to make the owners responsible for the actions of dogs that bite in all dog breeds, not just those the media 'hypes' for news stories.
We the undersigned would like to see legislation and laws put into place that will do the following:
1. Charge owners of 'vicious' dogs with criminal charges. These charges can include manslaughter if a death occurs. This will not limit the problems of vicious dogs to ONLY 'Pit Bull' Type dogs.
2. Higher fines to these same people.
3. Criminal charges and jail time for people that knowingly breed and sell dogs that are deemed vicious by actions.
4. Criminal charges and jail time for people that abuse dogs/cats/other animals.
5. Allow those parties that have been injured to sue the offending owners of the dogs in question.
We advocate - Zero tolerance on Animal Abuse charges.
We advocate - Zero Tolerance with Aggressive animals.