NFL Fans Upset with Officiating Quality
The NFL Owners and Rules Committee
More Info at:
The hottest topic amongst fans during and after the SuperBowl was how poorly the game was officiated. Message boards on numerous sites including ESPN.COM were loaded with threads on how poor the officiating was.
We, the fans, feel that several changes are a must for the NFL to continue to put a quality product on the field. Those changes include, but are not limited to, the following:
1) FULL TIME officials who are rated after every game. Officials who are under-performing should be removed from the crews.
2) A full time replay official that is attached to the officiating crews, not to the individual stadiums. This official would be the one to make the replay calls. This would take the decision out of the hands of the referee.
3) Replay cameras facing down the goal line. This will help the officials be able to make the correct calls on the important plays that could change the game.
4) Replay cameras over the goal pylons. This will give officials an additional view for close plays at the goal line.
5) Additional times in which replays can be used. To help to officials make the correct calls on things such as pass interference. Technology today is such that a full time replay official could let the referee know almost instantly if the correct call was made on something like a Pass interference call.
The NFL is a multi-billion dollar a year business. Its should be in its best interest to invest in that business to provide the best possible product to the fans.
We hope that this petition will be taken as the constructive criticism it is intended to be.
Fans of the NFL