Prevention of Corruption (Andhra Pradesh) Amendment Act
The Honorable Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, India.
Citizens of Andhra Pradesh
More Info at:
Sub: Prevention of Corruption (Andhra Pradesh) Amendment Act, 2009
We, the people of Andhra Pradesh congratulate you on being elected as Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. We hope to see your commitment to prevent corruption come true.
As you are aware of the alarming levels of corruption in the state, it is pervasive in all walks of public life. We believe that corruption is an underlying issue which is inhibiting all our efforts driving reforms. Today people of Andhra Pradesh are tired and restless about corruption. It has been a persistent hope from consecutive govt.'s to change the situation. We are looking for a corruption free society, where every common man gets his everyday public services without the bribe. And where infrastructure projects are executed with no fraud. Where guilty be punished without fail and delay. We understand that inspite of the will of highest leadership, the inadequacy in law prevent us from eradicating corruption and punish guilty in our society.
We strongly believe there is a greater need for a much stronger and enforceable law to prevent corruption and punish the guilty. We noticed requests from MLA Dr. Jayaprakash Narayan of Loksatta party to introduce an amendment and offered a draft copy.
We request you to take up this amendment to
1. Facilitate seizure and forfeiture of property of corrupt public servants
2. Establish special anti-corruption courts in each district
3. Appoint independent prosecutors drawn from judiciary
4. Establish an independent anti-corruption agency functioning under the overall supervision of Lokayukta
5. Presumption of guilt on public servants in case of disproportionate assets and those who are caught red-handed while accepting bribe
6. Establish a Whistle Blowers act to maintain the secrecy of Whistle Blowers.
We approach you with great hope and whole heartedly believe that you will take up this bill with utmost urgency.
NOTE: Those who wants to volunteer for this campaign please allow the petitioner to view your emailid.
1. The Speaker, A.P Legislative Assembly
2. The Chairman, A.P Legislative Council
3. The Leader of Opposition, A.P. Legislative Assembly
4. The Minister of Law, Government of A.P.
5. The Minister for Legislative Affairs
6. All The Floor Leaders
7. All Party Presidents