Actors for the new "Battlestar Galactica" television series for Fox Network (U.S.)
Studios USA, Vivendi Universal, Sci-Fi Channel, and the Fox Network.
The fans of Battlestar Galactica, the science fiction television series (both new and old) & DVD and VHS video collectors
More Info at:
Specifically, we wish to see:
- ALL episodes released, and in all regions.
- ALL of the 1978-1979 "Battlestar Galactica" episodes uncut on DVD and VHS formats with multiple language formats, including English, French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- None of the reworked, edited episodes-made-into-movies. We want the actual episodes, uncut.
- Restored footage (ie. uncut, unusued, such as scenes from the original pilot episode, "Battlestar Galactica: Saga of a Star World" from the ABC-TV airing of 17 September 1978).
- Unused footage as DVD disc extras, such as Jane Seymour's scenes as "Lyra" from the pilot episode (which were refilmed). Or some of Richard Colla's footage which was scrapped when he left and Alan J. Levi was brought aboard to direct the pilot.
- Anamorphic 16x9 video transfers (letterbox, if necessary).
- Improved/enhanced audio tracks.
- Clean film-to-video (or DVD) transfers.
- Commentary by the actors, ie. Richard Hatch, Dirk Benedict, Anne Lockhart, Herb Jefferson, Jr., Noah Hathaway and Jack Stauffer, among others.
- Commentary by Glen A. Larson and Donald Bellisario and other production team members.
- Commentary from guest actors, such as Denny Miller, James Whitmore, Jr., and others
- Publicity still shots.
- Audition reels from the actors.
- Documentaries (which some actors have expressed interest in doing, if given the chance).
- Footage from the "Next week" episode previews.
- Potential purchase and distribution of Richard Hatch's "Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming" trailer reel as an extra feature for the DVDs.
We strongly believe there is a strong market for DVDs/VHS videotape releases of the original "Battlestar Galactica" series, particularly with the forthcoming, new "Battlestar Galactica" pilot/series.
We, the fans of the show, will support these DVD/VHS releases IF THEY ARE WELL-PRODUCED and FEATURE THE FULL EPISODES WITH EXTRAS AS WE HOPE TO SEE.
[The current DVD release of the edited, 2-hour "Battlestar Galactica" pilot movie (based on the 3-hour ABC-TV pilot airing) was poorly done.]
This petition was started on September 1, 2001 on "Battlestar Galactica Fan Appreciation Day", a fan-based event celebrating 23 years of the original television show -- and paying tribute to everyone who has believed in the "Battlestar Galactica" series and supported it throughout the years.
As consumers seeking to purchase your products, we appreciate your consideration for our genuine requests. In the interest of your shareholders, who are seeking to see your company's revenues increase, we offer our idea as a welcome source of revenue for you -- and a chance to win new customers / retain old customers with your products.
We DARE YOU to take bold, innovative steps to deliver the products that consumers and fans alike want -- and set a standard of excellence, too.