Mahmoud Abbas Resignation
More Info at:
We, the Palestinian people, those who live around the world in the Diaspora as well as those who live in the homeland, demand your immediate resignation as president of the Palestinian Authority as well as Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization.
We, the sons and daughters of Palestine, assert that you, Mahmoud Abbas, neither represents us as Palestinians, nor do you have the legal, political, or moral right to do so.
We demand that you resign without delay, and if you should fail to resign, we demand that the relevant bodies within the Palestinian Legislative Council, the Palestinian National Council, and the Fatah Executive Committee exert their powers in their respective capacities to forcefully remove you and your henchmen from power before any more harm is done to our national interests as Palestinians.
This demand is made in light of a series of violations committed by your and your associates that run counter to our Palestinian national interests, and among these are:
1. The embarrassing deferment of the Goldstone Report at the UNHRC meeting in Geneva
2. Lending support to the blockade of Gaza
3. Lending support to the war on Gaza
4. The systematic abuse of human rights by Palestinian security forces
5. The suppression of free speech, including freedom of the press, and a failure to respect the principles of democracy as exercised by the Palestinian people
6. The failure, 16 years after Oslo, to achieve any tangible gains for the Palestinian people
This list of grievances is certainly not complete, but it represents an overwhelming justification for your immediate exit from power.