Ban New Toxic Industries in SIPCOT Cuddalore
Cheif Minister of Tamil Nadu
More Info at:
Government of Tamilnadu
Dear Chief Minister:
Im writing to voice my gravest opposition to the recent proposals to set up polluting industries in Cuddalore, a toxic hotspot in Tamilnadus map. Im referring to the reports about the setting up of a refinery, a PVC factory by M/S Chemplast Sanmar and a textile park.
Even after twenty years of Bhopal Gas disaster, the lessons from it have not been learnt. Bhopal disaster is a fine example of the governments apathy towards the interest of the community. The complaints of the people about the industry were ignored by the government through out, as a result of which the worlds worst industrial disaster took place. While the survivours of the disaster are still fighting for justice, there are many more Bhopals waiting to happen in other parts of the country.
SIPCOT Cuddalore is a black spot on Tamil Nadus map a Bhopal waiting to happen. The industries in SIPCOT function with little or no oversight by the regulatory authorities. The State Human Rights Commission and even scientific agencies such as NEERI have acknowledged that Cuddalore is overburdened with pollution. Even now, gas leaks and pollution incidents are routine.
Rather than take steps to ease the burden of pollution and set right the health crises in Cuddalore, the Tamilnadu Government seems to have decided to sacrifice Cuddalore villages at the altar of industrial development.
The effects of textile units in Tiruppur are there for all to see. Chemplast Sanmar was originally rejected by Cuddalore residents, and subsequently by the community in Krishnapatnam in Andhra Pradesh. The Tamilnadu States green carpet welcome to the company is a slap in the face of democracy and peoples aspirations.
I urge your government to stop the sacrifice of innocent lives in SIPCOT, Cuddalore in the name of development, and to prevent another Bhopal from happening by:
1. Withdrawing the current plans for setting up a textile park, refinery and PVC factory in Cuddalore;
2. Banning the expansion or setting up of polluting industries in Cuddalore;
3. Remediating the health of residents, and polluted environment and groundwater at polluters cost.
- YOU HAVE TO INVITE MEHTA PATKAR TO COME AND ARRANGE FASTING AND ROAD BLOCKS IMMEDIATELY
- ALL SIPCOT INDUSTRIES MUST BE RELOCATED TO INDUSTRIAL ZONE OR TO BE CLOSED OR ALL IMMEDIATE MEASURES TOBE TAKEN TO STOP THESE POISIONOUS POLLUTION ETC....ALSO BRIBED PARTIES AND PARTIES WHO RECEIVED BRIBE TO ALLOW THESE KILLING POLLUTION BE JAILED FOR 15 YEARS AND ROAD BLOCKING PROTEST AND HUNGER STRIKES BY ALL PUBLIC MUST BE STARTED IMMEDIATELY TO\ SAVE OUR CHILDRENS LIFE FROM DEADLY CANCERS PLS
- uUINEvCgJhGCKfrnAT 3880 OOImjWQzlQSyXiX http://www.1852urfxygtszfkluiqwvkxggbzqoxll.com/ [url=http://www.1852urfxygtszfkluiqwvkxggbzqoxll.com/]OOImjWQzlQSyXiX[/url] <a href="http://www.1852urfxygtszfkluiqwvkxggbzqoxll.com/" title="OOImjWQzlQSyXiX">OOImjWQzlQSyXiX</a>