Re-Establish The Trust Of The People
The Corporation Of The City of Kitchener Ontario Canada
Kitchener and Waterloo Ontario Canada
More Info at:
Chief Administrative Officer
2nd Floor, Berlin Tower
City Hall, P.O. Box 1118
200 King Street West
Kitchener, ON N2G 4G7
To: The Corporation of the City of Kitchener
City Hall, PO Box 1118
200 King Street West
To: The Council of the City of Kitchener
City Hall, PO Box 1118
200 King Street West
For the purposes of this petition, where deemed unclear, a citizen is understood to be an eligible voter who was/is a resident of the City of Kitchener, Ontario Canada, anytime from the year 1996 through to present day.
For the purposes of this petition, where deemed unclear, all references to by-law 2004-265 shall be understood to be references to Breed Specific Legislation within by-law 2004-265 of the Corporation of the City of Kitchener.
For the purposes of this petition, where deemed unclear, the City of Kitchener shall be understood to be the Councilors and Mayor of the City of Kitchener and the Corporation of the City of Kitchener.
REASON FOR PETITION:
The demands for action listed in this petition are the direct result of citizens who no longer trust that they are being properly informed of the by-laws of the Corporation of the City of Kitchener by the Kitchener City Council and Mayor.
I, the undersigned, hereby verify that I was not properly informed by the Council of the City of Kitchener of by-law 2004-265 and/or I was not properly informed by the Council of the City of Kitchener of the consequences and valid objections that may arise from Breed Specific Legislation, and/or I was not made aware that the four pillars that were used to justify the passing of the first such By-law in Kitchener in 1997 or the revision December 13th, 2004 stated as:
1. An epidemic of pit bull attacks;
2. Pit bull brains were chemically different from other dogs;
3. Pit bulls had a jaw strength of 2,000 pounds per square inch; and
4. Pit bulls were the number one cause of human deaths caused by dog bites.
were found proven to be fabrications and/or inaccurate by Dr. Gary Goeree,( a respected, established and certified veterinarian in Kitchener, Ontario Canada ) and/or I was not properly informed of the abuse of the public trust or my Federal Rights by the City of Kitchener which occurred by not abolishing the said by-law when the City of Kitchener found out shortly after the said by-law was enacted, in a presentation to council by Dr. Gary Goeree that the there was no truth to the basis for the by-law.
I believe that by leaving the said by-law in place despite being provided with information for why it should be abolished, the Councilors and Mayor of the City of Kitchener conspired to deceive the public intentionally and therefore intentionally did not act in the interest of public safety by not providing additional and more rigid leash and dog at large laws and by not freeing up the time of by-law enforcement officers, from a legislation based on falsities, to enforce other by-laws that are statistically proven to increase the public safety.
I, the undersigned, therefore no longer trust that, at any time since 1996 to present day, the Corporation of the City of Kitchener nor the Councilors nor the Mayor therein has been truthful with me nor has fulfilled its responsibility to the public to ensure that all citizens are aware of and properly informed of all Public Council Meetings and all aspects surrounding legislation prior to its enactment thus intentionally denying me of my right, as a citizen, to be completely and properly informed and be heard prior to the passing of legislation and denying me of the right, as an eligible voter, to understand why said by-law 2004-265 must be abolished.
It is because of all issues stated thus far, and in consideration of the words and promises of Mayor Carl Zehr in his inaugural address into the office of Mayor of the City of Kitchener Monday December 1, 2003 where he stated I am here today because you believed in me and trusted me with your city. and I promise that I will serve our community with strength, conviction, integrity and vision, that I, the undersigned, petition to have the following demands immediately implemented:
DEMANDS OF PETITION:
1. DEMAND OF ACCOUNTABILITY: This petition first demands the immediate and Public Resignation of all Kitchener City Councilors who attended the council meeting in which Dr. Gary Goeree made these said councilors aware that the said by-law was justified by fabrications and failed to immediately upon receiving this knowledge move to abolish said by-law , and the Public Resignation of all Kitchener City Councilors who also failed to abolish said by-law after Dr. Gary Goerйe, in his testimony to STANDING COMMITTEE ON THE LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY of Thursday 27 January 2005 proved again the 4 pillars, said to make by-law 2004-265 of the Corporation of the City of Kitchener (which has also been stated by the Humane Society as by-law 2004-265 of the Corporation of the City of Kitchener) necessary, to be fabricated and/or inaccurate. Further we, citizens of, and eligible voters of, the City of Kitchener, demand that in the Public Resignations the Councilors are required to state truthfully and completely why they have resigned and that arrangements are made for their resignations to be broadcasted on CKCO TV, CHYM FM, KOOL FM and published in The Record on the day of resignation of each councilor and that a councilor who must resign, may not wait to resign at the end of his term, but must immediately do so, along with a public apology issued by The Mayor of the City of Kitchener published on the front page of Kitchener Newspaper The Record to Citizens of Kitchener on behalf of the Corporation of the City of Kitchener for failing to ensure the basic promise of integrity that he made publicly to the people of Kitchener was not broken via actions of the city council for which the Mayor participates in and presides over.
2. DEMAND OF THE ABOLISHMENT OF BREED SPECIFIC LEGISLATION IN BY-LAW 2004-265: This Petition demands for the immediate abolishment of by-law 2004-265 of the Corporation of the City of Kitchener(which has also been stated by the Humane Society as by-law 2004-265 of the Corporation of the City of Kitchener)and the immediate written cancellation, removal and revoking of all NOTICES OF PROHIBITED DOG DESINATION and cancellation of all appeals to all citizens of Kitchener and Waterloo with written apologies issued directly from the Mayor of Kitchener to the any citizen awaiting appeal or recently served notice.
3. DEMAND TO REDRAFT AND CREATE NEW LAW AND TO CREATE A REVIEW COMMITTEE FOR THE AMMEDNED AND NEW LAW: This petition calls for the immediate re-draft and enactment of all leash, excrement, and dog at large by-laws and that the city will, once by-law 2004-265 of the Corporation of the City of Kitchener(which has also been stated by the Humane Society as by-law 2004-265 of the Corporation of the City of Kitchener)has been abolished, immediately draft further legislation entitled The Lily By-Law that will properly outline a vicious dog legislation and ensure tougher penalties for violations of these laws and more rigid leash, excrement and dog at large by-laws ALL based only on the recommendation of Steve Barker of the Dog Legislation Council of Canada, and Dr. Gary Goerйe veterinarian in the City of Kitchener and Sandra Mitchell private resident of the City of Kitchener. This draft shall obtain the endorsement of 10 veterinarians in the city of Kitchener to ensure that no unnecessary harm will come to any animal that will be affected by its final legislation and entrenchment into the by-laws of the Corporation of the City of Kitchener. Once the new by-law(s) are enacted, a committee shall be established of any 5 Veterinarians with establish practices in the City of Kitchener and 4 employees of the Kitchener-Waterloo or Waterloo North Humane Society to review annually the need for further legislation that does not include enacting Breed Specific Legislation. This Committee shall be called the Non-BSL Committee.
4. DEMAND FOR COMPENSTATION TO AFFECTED PARTIES: This petition also calls for the people who have been affected directly by the Breed Specific Legislation in by-law 2004-265 of the Corporation of the City of Kitchener(which has also been stated by the Humane Society as by-law 2004-265 of the Corporation of the City of Kitchener)since its entrenchment into the by-laws of the Corporation of the City of Kitchener in 1997 through to present day to be issued a public apology by way of all available media in the cities of Kitchener Ontario and Waterloo Ontario, and demands that said affected parties are paid a compensation package from the Corporation of the City of Kitchener for all losses incurred and all pain and suffering incurred in the process of enforcing the Breed Specific Legislation of by-law 2004-265 of the Corporation of the City of Kitchener and further that this compensation will not cause the affected party to suffer through numerous city forms and burden of proof on the part of the affected party and will not be offered on the contingency that the citizen who was affected may not pursue individual action against the city and all parties responsible for the passing of said by-law, the enforcement of the Breed Specific Legislation in by-law 2004-265 of the Corporation of the City of Kitchener and the failure to abolish said by-law. This compensation will be paid directly to the affected parties within 30 days of the first councilor who resigns as per this petition and it will not be deducted from any monies the said affected party may owe to the City of Kitchener. The Corporation of the City of Kitchener is charged to seek out all individuals who would be deemed an affected party.
5. DEMAND FOR PROPER VOTER REPRESENTATION: This petition calls for the immediate expansion of the ward system in the City of Kitchener from 6 wards to 10 equally divided in population wards in the effort to ensure all citizens are heard and informed. The council positions open to resignations and expanded wards will be filled by all citizens who ran for city council on the basis of highest to lowest number of vote results from the 2003 Mayoral and Council Elections. Should a citizen decline there position on the council the position will then be offered to the next citizen by number of vote results.
6. DEMAND FOR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN NEW LAW: This petition calls for all future by-laws which are being drafted for legislation by the Corporation of the City of Kitchener be published and broadcasted by ALL available media 90 days prior to the by-law becoming enacted in the city of Kitchener and that 3 Public Council Sessions be held within that time where residents of the City of Kitchener my express their opinions of the by-laws and their opinions entered into the minutes of the Corporation of the City of Kitchener. If the majority of public opinion is negative to the enactment of the by-law it will not be enacted as drafted.
By my signature below I request that all the demands of this petition be immediately implemented without hesitation in the interest of re-establishing the publics trust in City of Kitchener and re-establishing Mayor Carl Zehrs promise of integrity.