Save the Trading Ford Historic Area
All Interested Parties
Trading Ford Historic District Preservation Association
More Info at:
- Native American sites dating back 11,500 years
- A complex of 7 fords and ferries and their approach roads, including the storied Trading Path and Trading Ford, the Yadkin Rivers major ford
- The site of North Carolinas first covered bridge (1818)
- Five standing 20th century bridges
- Revolutionary War campsites and one of two places where, during the Race to the Dan campaign, American and British armies came face to face (February 1781)
- The site of the last Confederate victory in North Carolina during the War Between the States (April 12, 1865)
Some of these historic sites have been determined to meet the standards of the National Register of Historic Places; others require further advocacy. However, development now threatens many of them. These sites are irreplaceable!
We support the preservation of the Trading Ford area, and its development as a heritage tourism destination, so that future generations can enjoy, learn, and benefit from our shared past.